Thursday, April 16, 2009

Is bonding teeth permanent and what is average cost per tooth?

Bonding is not permanent. It typically lasts 5-7 years. I had bonding done to close a gap between my 2 front top teeth. To close a gap between 2 teeth it costs approximately $400. Bonding is typically not covered by dental insurance since it is considered cosmetic. So every 5-7 years you will need to pay another $400 to get it redone. Veneers last longer, typically 10-15 years.

Is bonding teeth permanent and what is average cost per tooth?
Nothing is permanent. Any procedure done, especailly something cosmetic, will probably need replacing after a few years. Average cost in this area will run anywhere form $300 to $800 a tooth. I would reccomend veneers or crowns. They are more expensive, but they last longer and don%26#039;t stain as bad as bonding. Hope this helps :)
Reply:I had orthodontia as an adult, and the result straightened my teeth, but they were never going to be pretty. My great cosmetic dentist used chair-side plastic veneers for the first few years because I had some issues with several of the teeth.... root resorption. (would the two or three be okay, or would I need implants? Only time was going to tell, so we just waited, and patched up the plastic as necessary). (the orthodontist wasn%26#039;t the best, apparently). Now, after nursing those plastic veneers way longer that we ever thought they%26#039;d ever last, (8 years)I am having porcelain. She uses the best lab in S. California, and this guy really knows his stuff.... the total bill for 10 will be in the range of about $3000 each. The difference is as if it were between a Chevy, or a Lexus.



credit cards

No comments:

Post a Comment