Thursday, April 16, 2009

Can you get your teeth whitened with Brite Smile if you have a permanent retainer on bottom teeth?

After my braces came off, my orthodontist placed a permanent retainer in the back of my lower front teeth and was wondering if it%26#039;s safe to have teeth bleached? I%26#039;ve heard it can be bad to do this and it could mess up the retainer?

Can you get your teeth whitened with Brite Smile if you have a permanent retainer on bottom teeth?
No one claims there will be a problem. I have searched the internet and the only problems people have is with striping, where the bar across your teeth prevents a strip of your teeth from whitening like the rest, but if I can remember, permanent retainers are only on the inside?





This page http://www.whitersmile.com.au/FAQ.html#3 has a question about retainers and all they mention is that their product will mold around the retainer, not that it will effect it. Others have had questions but have not been told to wait to whiten their teeth.





Ask your orthodontist if i you still have doubts but if it won%26#039;t ruin your teeth, it won%26#039;t ruin the retainer.





Crowns and things won%26#039;t get whiter with a bleach but it won%26#039;t effect them.





From another Yahoo.com Answers post:


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...





%26quot;My orthodontist told me not to use toothpaste on my retainer as it makes them go all cloudy.%26quot;





That%26#039;s about all it will do and since you can%26#039;t see permanent retainers, you shouldn%26#039;t worry.



myspace images

No comments:

Post a Comment