Monday, April 20, 2009

Are my crooked teeth inherited?

I have an overjet, crowding, a jaw irregularity, and a crossbite in which the molars of my lower jaw are pushed somewhat inward. Only my two front teeth protrude forward, and my incisors are turned. The rest of my teeth don%26#039;t protrude forward. Also, my jaw is too far back and needs to be pushed forward. However, none of these problems resemble either of my parent%26#039;s teeth, or my grandparents%26#039;. My sisters always had perfect bites, but their teeth (mainly the incisors) were just a little crooked before braces. I don%26#039;t know of anyone else in my family with teeth like mine. Is my maloclussion inherited or is my mouth too small to hold all of my teeth? Also, my baby teeth took a long time to come in. I%26#039;m 15, and I just got my last baby tooth pulled about a month ago. The strange thing was, most of my permanent tooth had already erupted while the baby tooth was still there. That happened with some of my other teeth too. And, three of my second molars haven%26#039;t come in yet.

Are my crooked teeth inherited?
Most often, crooked teeth, overbites, and underbites are inherited traits, just like the color of your eyes or size of your hands. Other causes of misaligned bites are early loss of baby or adult teeth; improper fit of dental restorations (for example, fillings or crowns); a jaw that is too small to accommodate erupting teeth; gum disease; undue pressure on the teeth and gums; misalignment of the jaw after severe facial injury; tumors of the mouth or jaw; or habits like prolonged thumb sucking, tongue thrusting, pacifier use beyond the age of three, or prolonged use of a bottle.
Reply:no



C#

No comments:

Post a Comment