Saturday, July 25, 2009

Loose permanent tooth and retainers?

I've been wearing a retainer (braces are still there since I need a powerchain) for a month or so, and I recently noticed a loose tooth--my left canine (if you're looking at me). Whenever I wear my retainer, it pushes the tooth outward. Is this normal? Is that supposed to happen? There's an unusually large gap between the canine and the tooth behind it as well. I can't go to the dentist until Tuesday, so I'd appreciate some advice for taking care of that tooth until then, because I'm worried about it--I've never noticed it was loose before.

Loose permanent tooth and retainers?
DONT LET IT FALL OFF!!! if it does oh, well, you lose that tooth. im guessing cuz of braces its loose beacus it is not pushed together by other teeth. take EXTRA care okay???
Reply:I'm not sure about that, but I do want to tell you that if you loose that tooth for any reason, make your dentist adjust your retainer. I had braces for several years. I lost a permanent tooth and was given a one tooth bridge. My retainer did not fit and the dentist told me to quit wearing it. My teeth went back like they were and then some.



windows installer

No comments:

Post a Comment