Saturday, July 25, 2009

Is it possibal to press your mouthpeice on your trumpet so hard, that your PERMANENT tooth gets loose?

Well, ive been playng my trumpet for a while, and i think i pressed my mouthpeice so hard to my mouth and teeth, that my two top front teeth that are PERMANANT are starteing to get loose... am i just thinking that, or is it really possibal?

Is it possibal to press your mouthpeice on your trumpet so hard, that your PERMANENT tooth gets loose?
No, this is really possible. I had the same issue when I played the clarinet. When I quit playing, they firmed up again. Your teeth can move in your mouth with pressure over time. That is how braces work. They put pressure on the teeth to move them little bits at a time. The pressure from your mouth piece can have the same effect if you are playing regularly.
Reply:when you play your trumpet you shouldnt be pressing against your mouth anyway. when you play you should relax. you need to go see your dentist about fixing your teeth and then learn to relax when you play, then you will find that its alot easier to play.



downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment