Sunday, August 2, 2009

Question about my Permanent retainer?

I have a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth, that I got right after my braces came off (in March, 2006) I looked in the mirror today and noticed one tooth is a bit crooked than before... I'm worried. Does this permanent retainer actually work? I'm paranoid about it now lol... I will call my orthodontist to get it checked out, but I just wanted to hear some opinions from any of you guys who may have experienced this.

Question about my Permanent retainer?
Everybody does the permanent retainers differently. I place permanent retainers in my office routinely. I generally glue the retainer from lower canine to canine and also place a small amount of glue on all lower teeth. My logic behind that is to make sure all the teeth are straight. It is possible that your orthodontist applied glue only on to the canines. In such cases if the wire is not adapted snugly to all teeth, the teeth my move. An other possibility is that the glue may have come off the tooth which is crooked. If done right/well, the permanent retainers hold your teeth extremely well. Hope that helps
Reply:I would not worry. If your teeth are perfectly aligned they look 'false'. A bit of crookedness makes them look real.



office stationery

No comments:

Post a Comment