Sunday, August 2, 2009

Inner permanent retainer coming loose?

A little over a year ago I got my braces removed and 'permanent' retainers glued to the inside of my teeth. I was told to keep them in until they fall off. The one on my bottom teeth (which covers 5 teeth) has come loose on all but two of them, and it feels like the glue on the other two is coming loose. What should I do about this? My orthodontist isn't in till Monday, so I'm on my own with this for two days. Help?

Inner permanent retainer coming loose?
Hi! I've been in dentistry for over 25 years. You can 1 of 2 things. You can wiggle the wire loose or go to the ER and they will. Simple to do. Pull the wire in the direction it was laid down. Not up and out. Gently wiggle it should come free. If not, the ER can do this in a few momments. If will not hurt since this is just a wire that was cemented behind the teeth. No biggy. You should able to do it or get a friend with a flashlight to help you. M



acne scar

No comments:

Post a Comment