Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bridge on teeth?

I’m 27 and I got a fixed permanent bridge on my front teeth my question is does anyone else have this my age on here ?

Bridge on teeth?
don't worry no problem with your age having fixed bridge done on you. i have done fixed bridge before on patients your age.fixed bridges or crowns are not advisable to young patients because of the prominent pulp area, to avoid pulp exposure during tooth preparations. im a dentist.
Reply:I am 24 and no I do not.





That is something you shouldn't worry about, the admirable thing to consider here is that you spent the time and a lot of money on taking care of your teeth. I hope you continue to see the dentist for regular cleanings and check ups so that you can avoid needing any other major dental work.





Make sure you floss underneath the bridge everyday, God knows they aren't cheap, and by keeping it clean you will avoid having decay on the teeth supporting the bridge. If you ever get decay underneath you will end up needing a new bridge.





Another good thing for you to use would be a flouride rinse, it looks just like mouth wash but is flouride, a commonly known one is ACT Restoring Flouride Mouthwash, found in the toothpaste aisle right next to the mouthwash, this is a great thing to use, use it everyday and you may never need a filling again, read the directions, the key is to swish it around in your mouth for one full minute (or longer) and then spit it out into the sink. The major part though is that after using it you SHOULD NOT eat or drink for 30 minutes, do not even rinse your mouth out with water.





Good luck and I hope your bridge lasts you at least 25 years!



downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment