Sunday, August 2, 2009

How long does a permanent retainer last before it needs to be replaced?

I have a small metal bar "permanent retainer" behind my two front top teeth. I've had it for about three years and was wondering how long it will last, and what will happen when it starts expiring, how will I know it needs to be replaced?

How long does a permanent retainer last before it needs to be replaced?
I had mine on for over 10 years and finally I had my dentist take it off. There was really no reason to take it off, it just seemed like 10 years was long enough.





I think you should keep it on until it starts to fall off.
Reply:I've had mine for three years now, and my ortho told me that I can keep it in for as long as I want but they will take it out once I get my wisdom teeth out. (I haven't had mine out yet)



flirt

No comments:

Post a Comment